Political Unity for Cancer Action
In the News
Click on a parliamentarian for more information.
What is National and European Parliamentarians for Cancer Action?
Bringing together National and European parliamentarians who are committed to beating cancer and tackling inequalities in cancer on a national and European basis, this new Network for political action will:
- Heighten political understanding of the inequalities in cancer care requiring priority attention across Europe
- Identify key legislative and other opportunities for targeted action to reduce inequalities in cancer care, including at both national and European level
- Convey political consensus and recommendations from politicians across Europe united in shared resolve to improve the fight against cancer in all European countries
Our Guiding Principles
- We are committed to reducing inequalities in cancer care and addressing the most pressing cancer policy issues across Europe
- We use latest country data and evidence to inform our discussions, decisions, and policy solutions
- We listen, learn, and recognise that while each country faces its unique cancer challenges, working together we can make important steps to solve them
- We share best practices openly and foster collaboration and expertise-sharing
- We work to empower each other to drive change in cancer care