The programme could be subject to change, as well as timings. All times are in CEST.
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
13:00-13:05 Welcome and Introduction from Co-Chairs
- Matti Aapro, President, European Cancer Organisation.
- Rui Medeiros, President, Association of European Cancer Leagues.
13:05-13:15 Opening Remarks
Aron Anderson, Cancer Ambassador for Europe, World Health Organization
13:15-13:25 Primary Prevention in the European Code Against Cancer
Rui Medeiros, President, Association of European Cancer Leagues.
SESSION 1: A TOBACCO FREE EUROPE: REACHING OUR DESTINATION FASTER
13:25-13:35 The research and evidence to guide our tobacco control actions
Carolina Espina, Scientist, Section of Environment and Radiation, The International Agency for Research on Cancer.
13:35-13:45 Working together for international tobacco control
Anil D’Cruz, President, Union for International Cancer Control.
13:45-13:55 Meeting the novel product/e-cigarette challenge
Jonathan Grigg, Chair of Tobacco Control Committee, European Respiratory Society.
13:55-14:05 Open discussion
SESSION 2: ACTION ON ALCOHOL: NEW WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY
14:05-14:15 Acting on evidence: what we’ve learnt so far
Carina Ferreira-Borges, Head and Programme Manager, WHO European Office for Prevention and Control of NCDs.
14:15-14:25 Alcohol and cancer: Transatlantic learning
Abenaa Brewster, representing the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Professor of Clinical Cancer Prevention, MD Anderson Cancer Center.
14:25-14:50 Alcohol and Policy Propositions from:
- Monika Arora, representing World Heart Federation, Director and Professor, Health Promotion Division.
- Isabel Rubio, President of EUSOMA and Co-Chair of Prevention Network, European Cancer Organisation.
- Thomas Berg, Vice Secretary, The European Association for the Study of the Liver.
- Markus Peck-Radosavljevic, Chair, United European Gastroenterology, Public Affairs Committee.
- Marzia Zambon, Executive Director, EUROPA DONNA.
14:50-14:55 Open discussion
SESSION 3: DIET, LIFESTYLE AND PREVENTING CANCER THROUGH IMPROVED OBESITY TREATMENT
14:55-15:05 Diet and lifestyle: the shared NCD battle
Demosthenes Panagiotakos, representing The European Society of Cardiology, Professor in Biostatistics, Research Methods and Epidemiology, University of Athens, Member of the Scientific Committee of Health, Environment and Emerging Risks, DG SANTE, European Commission.
15:05-15:15 The Prevention possibilities from better treatment of Obesity
Jennifer Lyn Baker, representing The European Association for the Study of Obesity, Senior Researcher, The Centre for Clinical Research and Prevention, Copenhagen University Hospital system, Denmark.
15:15-15:30 Practitioner viewpoints
- Delia Cortes Guiral, Surgical Oncologist and Board Member, European Society of Surgical Oncology.
- Shlomo Vinker, President, WONCA Europe
- Johan De Munter, President, European Oncology Nursing Society.
15:30-15:35 Open discussion
SESSION 4: PUTTING UV RADIATION PROTECTION IN THE SPOTLIGHT
15:35-15:40 UV radiation protection policy in an international context
Joachim Schuz, Head, Environment and Lifestyle Epidemiology Branch, The International Agency for Research on Cancer.
15:40-15:45 Sunbed regulation and Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan
Mariano Suppa, representing European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Professor of Dermatology, University of Brussels.
15:45-15:50 Skin cancer prevention: Sharing best practices
Brigitte Boonen, President, European Society of Skin Cancer Prevention.
15:50-15:55 Open discussion
15:55-16:00 Final remarks
- Matti Aapro, President, European Cancer Organisation
- Rui Medeiros, President, European Cancer Leagues